As I did the tutorials, I made screen shots at several points in each of them. I'm not sure I did everything in every tutorial but I got pretty close. Those results are shown and described below.
I had four screen shots. The first relates to the equilateral triangle. It involved using various numbers of turtles at each vertex and using
forward that was later changed to
jump. The more turtles, the faster it got filled in. Using jump instead of forward also made the results show up faster. In the next three I: 2) moved the top vertex to the left edge making a right triangle instead of an equilateral triangle; 3) moved up the edge by .4 times the edge length rather than halfway;nbsp; 4) moved up the edge by .6 times the edge length rather than halfway.
I had four activity levels or progression points for this program. The first shows the basic program with one ant in the center and facing up (heading is 0). The second screen shows the addition of a second ant in a corner and facing down (heading is 180). The third screen shot again shows two ants but place in random positions and facing randomly in one of the four basic directions. The fourth level was to have many ants (I had 14), each placed randomly, with a random heading (still 4 basics directions), and with a random basic color. I had two screen shots, one earlier in the program and one later after the screen was full of ant tracks.
I had five screen activity levels or progression points. The first shows the basic program with a 12 by 12 grid and pixel size of 20. The second increased grid and decreased pixel size (20x20 and 10). The third added a plot to the 20x20/10 program. The fourth level added code that stopped the program if any of the 3 populations fell to zero. I increased the size and still got a halt with a 13x13 grid (at 2075 ticks) but with a 14x14 grid the program was still running after 50,000 ticks (I quit watching at that point :-) The fifth activity was to reset the plot. I reset it every 100 ticks.
I had three activity levels or progression points for the heatbugs program. The first shows the basic program—the heatbugs just moving around (not much to see). The second screen shot shows the program with the "heat visible". The third added a plot of "average unhappiness" which required a new variable for each bug and some slight code revisions. I did not do the optional tasks of heat-up/cool-down the world and make the bugs movement smarter.